Thursday, May 29, 2014

Our First Thoughts about Jesus

Last week I asked people to give me their first 5 thoughts about Jesus.  From facebook and email, here are the responses that I received.

The top five responses were:
Love
Forgiving
Kindness
Cross / Crucifixion
Birth

Here are the rest:
Accepting
Accountable
Amazing
Available
Baptism
Blood
Caring
Children
Communion
Compassionate
Died for my sins
Example
Faith
Father
Forever
Forgiving
Grace
Happiness
Helper
Hope
Joy
Lamb
Last supper
Life
Long Hair
Miracles
Obedient
Omnipotent
Parables
Patience
Peace
Resurrection
Righteous
Rock
Salvation
Savior
Son
Tolerant
Welcome Home
White robe
Wit

The following stories were shared:
The woman caught in Adultery
Jesus kicking out the money changers from the Temple
Jesus as a child in the Temple

The following Scripture was shared:
Ask and it shall be given.  Seek and you will find.

The following song was shared:
Jesus loves me this I know.

And last, but not least, the following statement was shared:
Man, am I in trouble!

Thank you all for sharing.  These thoughts do reveal much of what is important to our faith.

~Andy