Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Andy at Israel - Joy!

Today was a day filled with joy and sorrow.  It began early with a walk around the old city during some free time.  How fun to walk the entire city north to south and east to west.  

We then went to the Mt. of Olives for some spectacular views and pictures of the old city.  What Joy!  

Our next stop was the holocaust museum.  It was a difficult tour.  I had to keep telling myself that all of this happened just 70+ years ago.  How in the world could all those atrocities have happened?  But then I had to ask myself how many atrocities are happening today that we don't hear about or do nothing about?  Man's ability to dehumanize, torture and kill others is what brings sorrow.  

The day and in many ways our tour and my time In. the holy land ended where it should, at the Garden Tomb, another possible location for the resurrection of Jesus. 

After dinner we head to the airport for the long journey home. This has been an anamazing  experience in countless ways. I've learned so much about the stories of the Bible, the political landscape of this land, the life and teaching of Jesus and along the way had fun riding a camel, floating on the Dead Sea and eating outstanding food.   

Most of all I feel blessed. Blessed to have a church family that cared so much for me that they sent me here, blessed to have the opportunity to share a little of what I have experienced here in the years to come and blessed to see things that solidify and deepen my faith.  We are all blessed because God chose to create is and draw us to himself and when we turn away in our sin, we are blessed that God sent His Son Jesus to live and die and RISE AGAIN to bring us life abundant and life eternal. What Joy!


Shalom!